Friday 9 May 2014

in the (old) garden

(to keep myself sane I am going to post as often as I can about the garden.  This could be the old garden or the new depending on where I am.)

This year is going to be an odd one.

Moving in the growing season means considering the portability of what we're planting.  I'm sticking to broad beans, tomatoes, salad crops and some potatoes in sacks.  I've also got sunflowers and squashes on the go, but these may get planted at the old house and left for someone else.

It also means thinking about making the garden of the old house "sellable pretty".

Not everyone appreciates piles of sticks everywhere.

In between showers I grabbed the camera and took some close ups of rain soaked plants:





This is the start of a twig house, built by eldest and middle boy.


My constant gardening companion.  This is Albus/ Bandit.


Hosta putting on new growth.  I hope they don't get as mangled by the slugs this year as they did the last.

Lemon balm.  I took cuttings last year and now have two very healthy new plants to take with me.





 

The Rhubarb.  Already a bit eaten by something.  I may take a crown with me.

Jobs to be done ::

Clear vast pile of twigs left over from tree pruning.
Cut grass
Weed rockery and flower beds
Organise potting shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment